It this what we can expect from a four degree increase in temperature by 2050?
- The sea rises, and at least 1.5 million people are homeless only in Egypt.
- Bangladesh loses over 30% of their lands, tens of millions of people become homeless.
- Antarctic ice may melt quickly and sea levels rise by five meters.
- Agricultural production is decreasing globally.
- Most of the Indian subcontinent becomes dehydrated.
- Drought affects especially south-western North America, Central America, the Mediterranean and South Africa.
- In Southern Europe disappear 70% of the summer rains, heat waves lasting an average of 65 days longer.
- Forest fires in the Alps.
- British summer temperatures are likely to reach 45? C
- Europe receives 80% less snowfall, creating water shortages.
- A little better harvests in Canada and Russia.
- Greenland ice melts rapidly, as the Antarctic ice. It can create an “Atlantic circulation,” which can temporarily cool Western Europe and lead to severe storms.
- Permafrost in Siberia melts; large amounts of methane are released. Since methane is 23 times stronger than carbon dioxide, this could at a stroke increase greenhouse gas emissions by 700%.
Reading can become a Climate Change leader with your support,
– What are you waiting for?